Commitment to Your Privacy
This web site does not collect personally identifiable information regarding the users of its Internet site - including e-mail addresses - without asking the user. In some instances, we may request that users voluntarily supply information, including email address, street address, telephone number or other information, to allow us to personalize and enhance a users' site visit or to provide the opportunity for follow up after the site visit. Whether users provide information is entirely voluntary.
Use of Information Provided
If you voluntarily provide information, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information by the practice. However, Aesthetic Alchemy does not sell or rent personal information collected through this site to anyone.
This web site may provide aggregate statistics about Web site visitors, such as volume, traffic patterns, referral sources and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information about the users.
If you have voluntarily provided personally identifiable information, Aesthetic Alchemy may, from time to time, send mail or email to you regarding products and services. If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can easily indicate that by contacting the office of Dr. Yokoyama and Aesthetic Alchemy.
The web sitemay utilize a standard Internet technology called "cookies" to collect information about how the practice's site is accessed and utilized. Cookies can allow a web site operator to determine that a user visited the site in the past and thus save and remember preferences that the user may have set while browsing the site.
Cookies do not allow the Web site to retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your email address. Aesthetic Alchemy may also make use of memory-based cookies in support of authenticating the user of certain Aesthetic Alchemy web applications. While users maintain the ability to modify browser settings to either accept all cookies, notify you when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies, it may not be possible to utilize certain web site services which require registration if the browser is set to reject cookies.
Third Party Links
This site contains links to other sites. Advice given and opinions expressed throughout providers' sites are those of the provider, not of Aesthetic Alchemy. Aesthetic Alchemy expressly disclaims all liability for any actions taken or not taken by you based upon any or all advice given or any service provided by the provider to you.
This web site resource allows you to learn information related to certain health topics and find additional information by linking you to other health related web sites. Due to the nature of this web site, Aesthetic Alchemy cannot check or verify the accuracy of information contained other web sites.
The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by Aesthetic Alchemy of these sites. Aesthetic Alchemy does not warrant the accuracy of information obtained from these web sites. You are advised to conduct your own thorough review of the health service provider ("provider") prior to retaining or taking advice from that provider.
Aesthetic Alchemy is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that are linked to us.
All materials on this server and this Internet site, including the site's design, layout, and organization, are owned and copyrighted by Dr. Yokoyama and Aesthetic Alchemy, and are protected by U.S. and international copyrights.
All product names, logos, and service marks displayed on the website that are identified by ® or TM or appearing in type form different from that of the surrounding text (collectively, the "Trademarks") are registered or unregistered trademarks owned by or licensed to each owner respectively. No use of any Trademarks may be made without our prior written authorization, except to identify the product or services of the company.
Dr. Yokoyama and Aesthetic Alchemy will not send you any unsolicited information via email or any other form or means regarding commercial offers or advertisements without prior consent. We value our patient's privacy and relationship and will make every attempt to safeguard this.
Because email is not a completely secure means of communication, please do not use email if you wish to keep your communications private and confidential.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
As of April 14, 2003, we are required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to maintain the privacy of your health information, and to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Rights & Practices.
This document explains in detail how we use your Protected Health Information (PHI) which is any information about you that could identify you, your past, present, or future physical or mental health condition(s). Your acknowledgement of receipt of this document will be required the first time you receive services after April 14, 2003, at Aesthetic Alchemy.
Examples of how we can use and disclose your information without your authorization include:
- Treatment - we keep a record of each visit and/or admission. These records may include your test results, diagnoses, medications or other therapies. These records are used and disclosed to allow doctors, nurses, spiritual care and other health care and clinical staff providers to offer high quality care to meet your needs.
- Payment - we maintain a record of and may use and disclose information related to, services and supplies you receive at each visit and/or admission, so that we can be paid by you, an insurance company, or a third party. We may tell your health plan and other payors about an upcoming treatment or service, which requires their prior approval and authorization.
- Health Care Operations - we use and disclose your medical information to improve the services we provide, to train staff and students, for business management, and for customer service purposes.
- Your information may be shared amongst Aesthetic Alchemy, other health care providers, third party payors and our Business Associates to facilitate treatment, payment or health care operations.
ADDITIONAL USES AND DISCLOSURES:
There are additional times when we are permitted or required to use/disclose medical information without your permission. These circumstances are listed below:
- In emergency treatment situations
- If required by law
- To assist incommunicative patients
- For law enforcement
- For reporting child/elder/disabled persons abuse or neglect
- For public health activities (tracking diseases or medical devices)
- For organ donations
- For health oversight activities such as fraud investigations
- To Workers' Compensation if you are injured at work
- For certain judicial or administrative proceedings
- To coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors
- For government functions such as national security & intelligence
- To a correctional institution if you are an inmate
- For research following an appropriate review or waiver of authorization for subject recruitment application
- To avert serious threat to public health or safety authorization by an institutional review board to ensure protection of information
- We may also use your information without your permission to:
- Recommend treatment alternatives
- Tell you about health benefits and/or services
- Send or call you with appointment reminders
- Ask you to make a charitable gift
- List your name, location, and general condition in the patient directory for the duration of your stay
- List your religious affiliation in the patient directory provided to clergy for the duration of your stay
- To communicate with those involved in your care
- Except as otherwise permitted by law, all other uses and disclosures not described above will require your signed authorization. You may revoke any authorization you provide at any time by delivering a written statement directly to the Privacy Officer, except to the extent that we have already taken action in reliance on your authorization.
- Please know that federal and state law requires special privacy protections for certain highly confidential information about you including but not limited to:
- Psychotherapy notes
- Mental health and developmental disabilities services
- Alcohol and drug abuse prevention, treatment and referral
- HIV/AIDS testing, diagnosis or treatment
- Venereal disease(s)
- Genetic testing
- Child, elder and disabled persons abuse and neglect, and sexual assault.
- In order for us to disclose your Highly Confidential Information for a purpose other than those permitted by law, we must obtain your written authorization.
YOUR RIGHTS: Under HIPAA, you have the right to request in writing:
- Restrictions on how we use or disclose your medical information.
- Confidential communications to an alternate phone or address other than your home.
- Access to your medical information to review and obtain a copy, subject to federal and state laws (fees may apply).
- An amendment to your medical information if you feel you or your health care provider need to make additions or corrections.An accounting of disclosures of your medical information for purposes other than treatment, payment, health care operations or made pursuant to an authorization.
- A paper copy of this Notice even if you have received it electronically.
- A revocation of any specific authorization obtained in connection with your privacy, such as for marketing and research.
- While we will consider all requests for privacy restrictions carefully, we are not required to agree to any requested restrictions.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES: We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your medical information, to provide you with this written Notice of Privacy Rights and Practices, and to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect. We reserve the right to change this Notice and our privacy practices and make the new provisions effective for all information we maintain. Revised Notices will be posted in our facilities and offices, and will be available from your direct treatment provider.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: If you would like further information about your privacy rights, are concerned that we have violated your privacy rights or disagree with a decision that we made about access to your PHI, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the address or phone number below. You may also file written complaints with the Director, Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Upon request, the Privacy Officer will provide you with the correct address for the Director. We will not retaliate against you if you file a complaint with us or with the Director.
This website is not intended for use by Children under the age of 13. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
From time to time, we will update our Terms of Service. We will post those changes at the top of this page so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
How to Contact Us